About the Knowledge Engineering Group
The Knowledge Engineering Group (KEG) is an informal research meta-group at the University of Economics, Prague. It overarches the research activities of the Department of Information and Knowledge Engineering (DIKE), i.e. of its four recently formed workgroups having their own websites:
- DMKD - Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- SWOE - Semantic Web and Ontological Engineering
- IIS - Intelligent Information Systems
- WELT - Web Engineering and Library Technology
Most of the KEG website is no longer updated and reflects the situation in 2008. Regularly updated is however the log of group highlights (the 10 most recent being in the News section below) and the calendar of KEG seminars (including the abstracts and slides of talks). Other kinds of information are assumed to appear at the workgroup websites.
There no presentations planned for the seminars in this moment. (Complete calendar is here.)
- 2017-01-23 – 2017-01-26: Prof. Johannes Fürnkranz from university of Darmstadt will visit the group and teach a guest course on Inductive Rule Learning. See also: prof. Johannes Fürnkranz, http://fis.vse.cz/en/i_week/lecturers/#fuernkranz
- 2016-11-30 – 2016-11-30: The JWS journal paper by T. Kliegr, joint with O. Zamazal (SWOE group) was ranked 3rd in the annual Rector’s award. Congratulations! See also: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1570826816300166, http://veda.vse.cz/souteze/souteze-na-vse/cena-rektora-vse-za-prestizni-publikaci/cena-rektora-vse-za-prestizni-publikaci-2016-clanek-vysledne-oceneni-4/
- 2016-11-25: We hosted a successful plenary meeting of the Horizon 2020 OpenBudgets.eu project, during which the first prototype of the software platform was officially announced. The meeting was preceded by a workshop on open fiscal data processing (in Czech). See also: http://openbudgets.eu/, http://openbudgets.eu/post/2016/11/18/OBEU-prototype-launch/, http://fis.vse.cz/workshop-o-publikovani-vizualizaci-a-analytice-rozpoctovych-dat-23-11-2016/
- 2016-11-23: SPARQLab was awarded the prize for the Best Student Project in the annual Czech OpenData Application contest. See also the article in the University online newsletter. (All materials are currently in Czech.) See also: http://doc.lmcloud.vse.cz/sparqlab, http://www.otevrenadata.cz/aktualni-deni/aplikace-roku-2016-hlidac-smluv-postavena-na-otevrenych-datech-identifikuje-zneuziti-moci-v-uradec/, https://www.vse.cz/zpravodaj/1443
- 2016-10-16: A new PhD student, Jiří Zettel, is joining the group. He will be supervised by prof. Petr Berka and his topic will be related to data pre-processing for data mining.
- 2016-10-04: Tomáš Kliegr will give talk on association rule classification and the EasyMiner system developed by the DMKD group at the IEEE Days at the University of West Bohemia. See also: EasyMiner homepage
- 2016-10-04 – 2016-10-04: Tomáš Kliegr gave a talk on association rule classification and the EasyMiner system developed by the DMKD group at the IEEE Days at the University of West Bohemia. See also: EasyMiner homepage
- 2016-10-01 – 2016-10-01: The project “Pilot application for distributed analysis of big data” (led by T. Kliegr), funded by the CESNET association, has been successfully defended.
- 2016-10-01 – 2016-10-31: The first version of SPARQLab, which is a web-based exercise-book for SPARQL language (authored by J. Mynarz, currently with Czech interface only), has been set up. The individual exercises consist in SPARQL query building according to a textual description. Each exercise is equiped with a an exemplary solution, to which is the student’s solution automatically compared. The current installation is underlain by a real-world RDF dataset (modeled according to the Data Cube Vocabulary) on Czech pension statistics. Topic-wise, the exercises concern both dataset exploration (such as finding out about the dimensions used) and domain-specific analyses (e.g., finding regions with highest disproportion between pensions of men and women. See also: http://doc.lmcloud.vse.cz/sparqlab, https://www.google.cz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwikq76J8frPAhVEVhQKHXrWBrQQFggdMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FTR%2Fvocab-data-cube%2F&usg=AFQjCNG3jBDsZLvCX-hpWCZfRIerS8ad8w&sig2=wBt0bb3QwUaoLP5ZRonTew
- 2016-09-22: Upon invitation of V. Svátek, Steffen Staab is coming to give a talk at the Prague Computer Science seminar. See also: http://praguecomputerscience.cz/index.php?l=en&p=22
Complete list of history is available as well.
Selected research demos
|EasyMiner - mining rich associations from data using a web interface|
|LISp-Miner - stand-alone tool for rich association discovery|
|THD - targeted hypernym discovery, using Wikipedia articles in a live setting|
|PatOMat tools - a collection of tools enabling pattern-based ontology transformation (within the OWL language) and related tasks|
Visit us at our office NB 413, find location by Foursquare venue.