About the Knowledge Engineering Group
The Knowledge Engineering Group (KEG) is an informal research meta-group at the University of Economics, Prague. It overarches the research activities of the Department of Information and Knowledge Engineering (DIKE), i.e. of its four recently formed workgroups having their own websites:
- DMKD - Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- SWOE - Semantic Web and Ontological Engineering
- IIS - Intelligent Information Systems
- WELT - Web Engineering and Library Technology
Most of the KEG website is no longer updated and reflects the situation in 2008. Regularly updated is however the log of group highlights (the 10 most recent being in the News section below) and the calendar of KEG seminars (including the abstracts and slides of talks). Other kinds of information are assumed to appear at the workgroup websites.
- Word2vec-based system for recognizing faceted textual entailment: Martin Víta (NLP Centre, Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University Brno)
- 2016-02-01: Successful MSc. thesis defences by Tomáš Hanzal (‘Modeling Events on the Semantic Web’) and Petr Hazuza (‘Vocabulary for Building Accessibility’). Congratulations, and this is not the end of our collaboration!
- 2016-02-01: For the third time in a row, Marek Dudáš succeeded in getting a PhD research support grant, now for the project ‘Using automated alignment and linguistic transformation in generating semantic data vocabularies’. He will coordinate a team of 3 faculty and 2 more PhD students.
- 2016-02-01: The annual international XML Prague conference has been held on February 11-13, 2016, with Jirka Kosek as PC Chair. See also: XML Prague
- 2016-01-01: An article written by Petr Strossa (having his linguistic rather than semantic hat on) appeared in the Taylor&Francis Journal of Quantitative Linguistics See also: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/09296174.2015.1106271
- 2015-12-02: The Czech TV showed a news story (on December 2) on the “Mapy bez bariér” (Maps without barriers) project, with Petr Hazuza demonstrating the building accessibility categories on his own flesh. Petr participates in this project as member of the Charter 77 Foundation and transfers there the ongoing results of his MSc thesis on the Building Accessibility Vocabulary. See also: http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ivysilani/1097181328-udalosti/215411000101202/obsah/438686-mapa-pamatek-bez-barier
- 2015-12-01: The fifth Know@LOD workshop was accepted to be held within the ESWC 2016 conference in Crete, June 2016. See also: http://knowalod2016.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/en/news/, http://2016.eswc-conferences.org/
- 2015-11-30 – 2015-11-31: The first plenary meeting of the OpenBudgets.eu EU project took place in Berlin (November 30 – January 1). Even before (September 26) Jindřich Mynarz co-presented a widely attended talk on “Self-decribing fiscal data” at the Berlin workshop of the SharePSI 2.0 project. See also: SharePSI 2.0 homepage, OpenBudgets, https://www.w3.org/2013/share-psi/workshop/berlin/agenda
- 2015-11-14: Jindřich Mynarz and Václav Zeman will talk about Czech DBpedia and DB-quiz at the Czech annual Wikimedia conference (page is in Czech). See also: Czech DBpedia, DB-quiz, Wikimedia conference
- 2015-11-14 – 2015-11-15: Jindřich Mynarz and Václav Zeman talked about Czech DBpedia and DB-quiz at the Czech annual Wikimedia conference (page is in Czech). See also: Czech DBpedia, DB-quiz, Wikimedia conference
- 2015-11-01: Marek Dudáš will be awarded the Josef Hlávka Prize for outstanding PhD students and young academics, by the Hlávka Foundation. Congratulations! See also: Hlávka Foundation
Complete list of history is available as well.
Selected research demos
|EasyMiner - mining rich associations from data using a web interface|
|LISp-Miner - stand-alone tool for rich association discovery|
|THD - targeted hypernym discovery, using Wikipedia articles in a live setting|
|PatOMat tools - a collection of tools enabling pattern-based ontology transformation (within the OWL language) and related tasks|
Visit us at our office NB 413, find location by Foursquare venue.